mid-century ceiling light fixture | green throw pillow | black & brass planters | walnut desk/console | marble bird figurine | blue rug | green velvet upholstered bench | ceramic vases | herringbone inlay mirror | tree coat rack | danish mid-century nightstand | white table lamp | modern weave basket | gray mid-century chair with brass legs | concrete & brass console table | abstract art
Welcome to my Friday shopping post! Each week I cover a different retailer and share the latest and greatest they have to offer. This week, West Elm* is my target, and I can't wait to share my finds!
If you've been around here for any length of time, you know that West Elm is one retailer that I go back to over and over again. Their mid-century modern meets eclectic style is right up my alley! I always keep an eye out for sales there because they happen frequently and their discounts tend to rotate through different departments every few weeks or months. If you sign up for their emails, you can also get the occasional 20% off coupon!
My only caution with West Elm is that I'm not crazy about the quality of some of their items with doors and drawers - particularly large pieces of furniture like dressers. They're ok, especially if they aren't something you'll use all the time (say, if it's a guest room dresser), but that's my little word of caution to you if you're shopping there. Most everything else though? Pretty top notch and good value for the price.
This week, I took a deep dive into their website and pulled 16 of my favorite items for you - and man, these are good ones! I took special notice of what was new and noteworthy, and picked out some pretty unique pieces.
Here are some notes about a few of these pieces of furniture and home decor that caught my attention:
- Mid-century ceiling light fixture | how cool is this as an alternative to the typical semi-flush mount? It feels funky and fresh, and I could totally see it in an entryway. Talk about a statement-maker.
- Green throw pillow | what you can't grasp from a quick look at this guy is that it's hand-beaded. And it has tassels! Grab this one up quickly, y'all, it's on sale and may be out of stock soon. It'll add a perfect dose of texture and will instantly be that special pillow on your sofa.
- Ceramic vases | You can't go wrong with ceramic vase with a great shape and nice detailing, and these certainly fit the bill. Use them on a bookshelf, console table, or on your dining room table - with flowers or on their own!
- Green velvet upholstered bench | this is the perfect end of bed bench in my opinion! it comes in a couple of colors, but that green velvet feels so luxe, but in a down-to-earth kind of way.
- Abstract art | y'all know by now that I love a great piece of abstract art, and West Elm's collaboration with Minted always offers some fantastic ones. Also? This one is huge - 42" square! It's priced at $369 for a framed canvas, which is really reasonable for something that size.
So happy shopping my friends! Note that there's currently a big seating sale going on right now - 20-30% off of sofas and chairs. Don't miss out!
To shop this post, you can either use the links under the image at the top, or use the embedded shoppable widget below. Simply hover over the item you're interested in (or tap an item with your finger if you're on a mobile device) and click on the black and white plus sign that pops up. If you're on a feed reader or receiving this in your email, you'll need to click over to the full website to use this tool.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means Mix & Match Design Company earns a small commission from your purchase at no cost to you. All images courtesy of West Elm.