Thanksgiving is coming up fast this month (t-minus 16 days as of the publishing of this post!), and while I'm sure some of you are hosting the big feast yourselves, I'll bet a lot of you are headed to see family or friends. If the latter describes you, that may mean you're in the market for a great gift for your host to show your appreciation for their hospitality. Of course, you can always show up with a tried-and-true bottle of wine (certainly welcome in my book!), but why not go the extra mile and bring something a little more creative? After all, pulling off a successful Thanksgiving meal is quite the feat.
So now that I've got you thinking (and maybe panicking a little about having to get creative? ha!), I've got good news for you - I've done all the hard work and come up with a long list of gift ideas that will suit just about any host or hostess. You can shop the gift guide by hovering over the graphic below!
First though, let's talk about the six categories of gifts I've come up with for you to bring along on your Thanksgiving adventures.
- Serving accessories: bring a bowl filled with nuts or a tray loaded with cheese and crackers, then let the host keep the piece at the end!
- Paper goods: notecards, journals or a desk calendar always come in handy.
- Soaps and lotions: they're great for the powder room or kitchen sink.
- Candles: wonderful for ambiance, but scents can be tricky sometimes, so go for a light one that is pleasing to many folks.
- Bar tools: if your host is big on cocktails, these can add some fun to their bar.
- Table linens and kitchen towels: wrap a bottle of wine or liquor in these and you've instantly got a pretty gift with packaging that they don't have to throw away!
While each of these items has a practical use, when I was coming up with my list, I also wanted to make sure they had some kind of unique element. Whether it was pretty packaging, a lovely scent, a bit of whimsy, or if it looked beautiful on display - there had to be something special about it. These are all things I would gladly welcome into my home, and I hope they help you find something special for your host or hostess.
Now get shopping so the gifts will arrive in time! :) Hover your mouse over the items below to go directly to the link.* If you're on an RSS feed/reader or receive posts by email, you'll want to click over to the site to access the links!
*Note: some or all of the links are affiliate links, which means that I may make a small commission off of your purchase (at no cost to you). Thanks for supporting Mix & Match Design Company in this way!